Hunting is widely practiced in the world and it is really an excellent thing. For best hunting and shooting, every hunter requires best long range scopes. In order to shoot animals at longer distances, the hunters require long range scopes. Are you an enthusiastic shooter? Looking for the best rifle scope for your rifle? Do you know? An enthusiastic shooter and an expert hunter always looking for the best rifle scope for their rifle.
Long range scopes:
Long range scopes are nothing but scopes that are used for hunting and shooting purposes. These kinds of scopes are widely used for shooting animals at extremely larger distances. There is a wide range of long range scopes are available in the market. There are so many brands also offers long range scopes with a powerful array of features.
This review will help to know about riflescopes and its types. And, especially, this article mainly focuses on long range scopes.
What to look for while buying the best long range scopes?
There are so many brands and a wide variety of scopes are available in the market. It’s really hard to pick the best rifle scope that should fulfill all your shooting requirements. How can I pick the best one for my rifle?
There are several numbers of approaches are widely followed by many people to choose the one that fulfills their shooting endeavor requirements.
- You can ask your friends about choosing the best riflescopes for you.
- The second way to choose the riflescopes is to take a look at riflescope reviews which was posted on many websites.
- Or, you can visit the Amazon store to read the reviews posted by many customers.
These three ways will help you to pick the best one fulfilling all your shooting requirements.
What makes the riflescope so great? If this is your question, then I truly say you, the following factors will make riflescope the best.
- Scope measurements
- Parallax adjustment
- Light transmission
- Resolution standard
- Low light shooting condition
- Tube diameter
- Zoom range power
This is also one of the important features to consider. Many riflescopes have variable power and different scopes have different scope measurements. You only know what kind of scope you have to choose.
Riflescopes come with parallax adjustment and without parallax adjustment. The riflescopes that have no parallax adjustment are generally set at some short range.
Most hunters and shooters require riflescopes with best low-light performance. Some riflescopes offer 95% light transmission. So, you have to choose the best one that suits your needs.
Some riflescopes come up with good resolution to magnify to the maximum range. This is one of the most important features to consider while buying the best riflescope for you.
Tube diameter and Reticle:
Tube diameter and reticle are also important to consider while shopping for the best riflescope for you. Different types of reticle are available in the market. So, choose the best one that suits your rifle scopes.
Low light shooting condition:
Many riflescopes come with low-light shooting condition. Pick the one that fulfills your shooting requirements.
Zoom range power:
Different riflescopes come with different zoom range power. Pick the one that meets your requirements.
Different types of scopes:
As I said before, there is a wide range of different types of scopes are available to choose from. Different types of scopes are used for different types of purposes.
Let’s look into different types of scopes and its uses.
- Short range scopes
- Medium range and general-purpose scopes
- Long range scopes
Short range scopes:
Short range scopes are scopes that are best suited for shooting animals at shorter distances and some low visibility areas.
Medium range scopes and general purpose scopes:
This kind of scopes is best suitable for shooting and hunting at the distance range of 100 to 200 yards.
Some commonly used magnification levels of these scopes are as follows,
These scopes are best suited for bear and deer hunters. It offers a wide field of view even at a low power setting.
Long range scopes:
Long range scopes are best suitable for hunting and shooting animals at longer distances. These scopes can make a perfect shot at a distance range of 300 yards and above.
Scout scopes are specially designed for scout rifles and it will meet your shooting requirements.
5 Best Riflescope recommendations and reviews:
Are you looking for the best riflescopes for hunting and shooting purposes? We did a deep research and analyzing the features of the different long range scopes, finally, we come up with some suggestions that should meet your needs.
BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope:
Out of all riflescopes in the market, the BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope is the best one. This spotting scope comes with different set of features. It does a great job and this spotting scope is worth your money.
- It features a fully coated optics with Porro prism system
- This spotting scope comes with large 50mm objective lens
- It is featured with shock absorbing rubber armor
- The BARSKA 15-40×50 comes with table tripod and soft carrying case.
- The highest clarity range of this spotting scope is at 500 yards.
- Model number: CO11500
- Product Dimensions:6 x 9.5 x 3.5 inches
- Lens size: 50mm
- Clarity range: 150 yards
Overall rating of this spotting scope is 3.6 out of 5 stars.
“The zoom level is very easy to use and focus. This spotting scope is great and worth your money”.
Pinty 6-24×50 AOE Red & Green Mil-Dot Illuminated Optics Hunting Rifle Scope with Rings:
Over the last few years, Pinty is a well-known manufacturer of the hunting riflescopes and this is one of our favorites. This riflescope is best suitable for mid to long range shooting.
- This hunting riflescope comes with the high optical clarity at 6-24x magnification and a 1.96” objective diameter.
- This reticle can be illuminated in red or green in multiple brightness intensities that provide a suitable sight regardless of lighting or environment.
- It completely controls every aspect of your scope.
- This scope includes a fully coated lens to reduce glare and it is inert gas purged to be fog, weather, shock, and recoil proof.
- It is durable and all metal construction ensures its use for years.
- Dimensions: 16″ (length)
- Diameter: 1.96″/50mm
- Weight: 23oz
- Magnification: 6x-24x
- Brightness Control: 5 levels for both red and green settings
- Reticle: Rangefinder
- Exit Pupil:3mm @ 6x/2.1mm @24x
- Object Range: 15 yards to infinity
- Eye Relief:0″
- Battery: 1x CR2032 Lithium ion battery (included)
- Click Value:1/4″@ 100yards
- Inert gas purged, fog, weather, shock proof
- Size of Mounts Clamps: 22mm
- Scope mounts for 20mm weaver dovetail rail
Overall rating of this hunting riflescope is 4.7 out of 5 stars.
“This is a wonderful scope and it is super easy to use. It is easy to mount”.
Vokul 2.5-10×40 Tactical Rifle Scope Red & Green Laser Dual Illuminated Mil-dot with Rail Mount:
Vokul is one of the leading providers on the market today. This is a highly recommended product from the Vokul. Out of all riflescopes on the market, we highly recommend you to invest your money on this riflescope.
- Thanks to the waterproof and fog proof feature of the riflescope so that you can go for a shoot in any weather conditions.
- It comes with a dial controlled reticle illumination in both red and green with multiple brightness intensities control.
- This hunting riflescope is designed for long and comfortable eye relief.
- It comes with angle cut sunshade that reduces glare under bright light conditions.
- It is featured with a quick focus eyepiece and quick release weaver mounting system for fast and flexible acquisition of close quarter targets.
- Finish: Black Matte
- Magnification: 5x-10x
- Objection Lens (mm): 40
- Reticle: Duplex
- Field of View: 5 – 8.9
- Length (in. /mm): 75/222.3
- Weight (oz/g): 9/649
- Tube Dia. (in. / mm): 0 / 25.4
What does the package include?
- 1 x 2.5-10x40mm AO Rifle Scope
- 1 x lens cover
- 1 x CR 2032&3 x LR1130
- 1 x scope mounts for 20mm weaver dovetail rail only
- 1 x Allen key
- 1 x Cleaning cloth
Overall rating of this hunting riflescope is 4.0 out of 5 stars.
“This riflescope works great and very well made. It feels very sturdy and really a good optic”.
Sniper 4×40 Rifle Scope Optics; 4.7″ Long Eye Relief:
Sniper rifle scope is a perfect long range scope and it comes with the powerful array of features. This is a full-sized riflescope with long eye relief (4.7”). It is a highly recommended product.
- It is completely sealed and nitrogen filled shockproof, fog proof, and rainproof.
- It comes with the fully coated lens for excellent light transmission with flip lens covers.
- It is featured with precise ¼ MOA click value for windage and elevation adjustments.
- Tube Dia. (Mm/In): 1″ / 25.4mm
- Magnification: 4x
- Lens Diameter: 40
- Eye Relief:7″
- Exit Pupil: 10mm
What does the package include?
- Lens cloth
- Hex wrench
- Built-in sunshade
“This is a nice scope to have and this scope is water and fog resistant, so you can use this riflescope at any climatic conditions”.
Aim Sports 2-7X42 30mm Scout Scope/Rangefinder:
Aim sports are one of the leading providers of the high-quality and high-performance long-range scopes and this scope is one of the best scopes available on the market today. The features of the Aim Sports 2-7X42 30mm Scout Scope/Rangefinder is as follows,
- This scope is relatively low weight and it is worth your money.
- Great eye relief
- It has clear optic and range finding reticle.
- It is really a nice scope for the price.
- The tube diameter of this scope is 30 mm.
- And, the objective of this scope and rangefinder is 42 mm.
- Length is 11.25”.
- It comes with an excellent magnification of 2X-7X.
Overall rating of this scope and rangefinder is 4.3 out of 5 stars.
“The quality of this scope is quite great and the optics are really sharp and clear. It is a great buy too”.
Where to buy?
There is a wide range of long range scopes are available on the market with plenty of useful features. You can buy the rifle scopes through online stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and so on.
Are you a hunter? Looking for the best long range scopes? Well, you’re almost on the right path. Long range scopes are used by many hunters and shooters for shooting animals at longer distances. From the above discussion, you’ve gained a lot of knowledge about scopes and its types. While shopping for the best rifle scopes for you, consider the features of the riflescope so that you can buy the best one that should meet all your shooting requirements.